Thanksgiving Themed Grilling and Barbecue
In the United States, the modern Thanksgiving holiday tradition is commonly, but not universally, traced to a poorly documented 1621 celebration at Plymouth in present-day Massachusetts. The 1621 Plymouth feast and thanksgiving was prompted by a good harvest. Pilgrims and Puritans who began emigrating from England in the 1620s and 1630s carried the tradition of Days of Fasting and Days of Thanksgiving with them to New England. Several days of Thanksgiving were held in early New England history that have been identified as the "First Thanksgiving", including Pilgrim holidays in Plymouth in 1621 and 1623, and a Puritan holiday in Boston in 1631.
Thanksgiving proclamations were made mostly by church leaders in New England up until 1682, and then by both state and church leaders until after the American Revolution. During the revolutionary period, political influences affected the issuance of Thanksgiving proclamations.
Year-round outdoor cooking remains a popular trend among households from coast to coast, with many consumers opting to cook their holiday turkey on a grill, smoker or fryer, freeing the oven and stove top for other fare. According to a 2013 Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA) poll, when it comes to cooking their Thanksgiving meals, consumers are most likely to cook their turkey outside (53%), followed by vegetables (21%), appetizers (12%), classic sides (11%) and desserts (3%).*
The National Turkey Federation (NTF) estimates 46 million turkeys will be cooked this season. Turkeys can be fried in less than an hour, smoked over low heat for several hours or even cooked on a grill.
So here we are, thanks to so many great sources on the internet we have complied the best barbecue and grilling recipes, tips and suggestions and videos on how to spice up your BBQ themed Thanksgiving!
BBQ Thanksgiving Recipes
- Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve Bourbon Glazed Turkey
- Monte Cristo Sandwiches with Smoked Turkey and Spinach
- Four Cheese Turkey Mac and Cheese
- Recipe for Grilled Biscuits
- Bacon-Cornbread Stuffing Recipe: Perfect for Thanksgiving
- Bacon Foods for Thanksgiving
- Apple-Cider Brined Turkey
- Barbecue and Grilling Thanksgiving Recipes
- Savory Squash Pie with Tart Apples and Sweet Onion
- Bacon & Hatch Green Chile Hominy Casserole
BBQ Thanksgiving How-To’s
- Happy Woofgiving: Top 3 Doggy Health Hazards to Avoid on Turkey Day
- Serving & Presentation: Carving and Slicing Turkey Techniques
- Tips & Suggestions on How To Style your Thanksgiving Table
- Smoking: An alternative to the traditional turkey roast
- Food Science 101: Turkey Meat: White vs. Dark
- How to Smoke, Grill Perfect Turkey from Butterball Turkeys
- Thanksgiving…..The Bird is the Word…but don’t forget the gravy
- Thanksgiving on the Grill: Consumers Bring Holiday Feasts Outside
- Thanksgiving Turkey Tips from Weber Grills
- VIDEO:How to Carve a Turkey
Keep up To Date On All Things BBQ & Grilling from Grilling with Rich
Spice up your Thanksgiving meal by making it on the grill or smoker. Here is a collection of thanksgiving themed barbecue and grilling recipes and videos
Grilling with Rich is a website devoted to barbecue and grilling recipes and barbecue and product reviews
Enter your email address below to receive updates each time we publish new content.