Published: May 31, 2016
Follow Grilling With Rich:
There are a lot of great barbecue and grills on the market, from great gas grills to grills that just use charcoal. I had a chance to try out the Saber Grill SS 500. Like I always do at Grilling with Rich before here is some background on the Saber Grill SS 500.
Background and Product Information of the Saber Grill SS 500
Turn out great tasting steaks and chops on this three-burner, full-sized grill loaded with features any cook would love–integrated electronic ignition, halogen lights and an 18,000 BTU side burner that can boil 15 quarts of water in 18 minutes. It’s built to last with premium materials and uses SABER’s advanced infrared technology to give you maximum performance and value for your investment.
- The SABER patented infrared cooking system for superior grilling performance: IR across entire cooking surface, even temperatures, no flare-ups, 30% less propane consumption.
- All 304 stainless steel (commercial kitchen grade), nonmagnetic
- Strong, stable, durable construction with welded tubular cart and firebox frames
- Shelves bolted to a tube frame provide solid work surfaces
- 304 stainless steel burners, grate system and emitters
- Independent zonal control, allowing a wide temperature range
- Front access grease tray for easy cleaning
- Simple cleanup: just burn off and brush away food debris
- Safe, easy natural gas conversion with SABER’s exclusive EZNG technology
- Fast assembly with 26 common fasteners
- SABER grate cleaning tool included
- 675 total square inches of cooking area (500 primary, 175 secondary)
- Enclosed 304 stainless steel cart and heavy duty side shelves
- 304 stainless steel firebox exterior with seamless welded lid
- Grate-level temperature gauges for greater accuracy
- Three burner zones with 304 stainless steel tube burners (24,000 total BTUs, including 18,000 for side burner)
- Dual tube side burner for greater versatility (perfect for boiling, frying, woks, skillets)
- Grate-level temperature gauges allow grilling with the lid up
- Push button electronic ignition at each burner for reliable start-up every time
- Adjustable 304 stainless steel warming rack with storage and roasting positions
- Interior halogen lights for nighttime cooking
- Heavy duty 3-inch locking casters
Review and Rating of Saber Grill SS 500
When I first opened the box of the Saber Grill, I was greeted by a shiny metal grill hood, and it didn’t take me long to realize that by opening the box I was really opening the BMW of grills. From its high quality grill grates to the the grate level temperature gauges which allow grilling with the lid open, you are getting one of the best grills on the market for sure. In addition to the high quality grill grates the front access grease try for quick and easy cleaning and the amazing side burner makes this grill defiantly worth the high price tag.
The only aspect that I did find issue with was the construction of the grill, as it took me two hours to put together and a lot of sweat. But the ease and the great quality of the finished product makes the two hours totally worth it. I also loved how the grill performed. I grilled up some simple hamburgers and the grill was fun to use and felt like you are king of the grilling world.
If you are looking for a great quality grill and want something that will make you feel like you are the king of the backyard grillers in your neighborhood then you must purchase a Saber Grill because it is in fact one of the best grills that I have tried!
You Might Like These Other BBQ & Grilling Articles