Published: September 2, 2015
Follow Grilling With Rich:
So here is the big news! ThermoWorks has released a new Thermapen called the Thermapen Mk4.
The new Thermapen Mk4 can almost read your mind, let alone check the temperature of your food. No, seriously, here are some of the key improvements, Here is a great tip sheet with some of the new features of the Thermapen MK4:
- Patented auto-rotating display. Hold the Thermapen Mk4 in either hand or any angle and the display intuitively flips right-side up. Switch hands while cooking and read the Mk4 without cocking your head.
- Intelligent backlight. The Mk4 knows when it’s dark and runs on the backlight for you, making it easy to read at dusk or complete darkness while preserving battery life. Touch the light sensor window anytime with your finger and the display lights up to improve visibility at the back of the stove or when reaching into an oven.
- Motion-sensing sleep mode. Set your Thermapen Mk4 down during use, it shuts off and sleep mode saves battery life. Pick the Mk4 up, it comes on instantly and stays on while in your hand.
- Now Waterproof. Now waterproof to IP67.
- Battery life extended up to 3,000 hours. Depending on backlight usage, battery life has gone from 1,500 to 3,000 hours. The motion-sensing sleep mode and light-sensing backlight mean fewer battery changes. When you do change the battery, use a common AAA battery.
I know. We’re still geeking out about it, too. And as with the previous version of the Thermapen, the Mk4’s easy-to-use, quick display can accurately measure temperatures from -58° to 572° F within 0.7 of a degree in 3 seconds or less. The new Thermapen Mk4 will retail for $99.
The New Thermapen Mk4 Product Review
[Click here to purchase yours TODAY!}
Even better, Thermoworks will be reducing the price of the orginial Thermapen to the price of $79.00
You Might Like These Other BBQ & Grilling Articles