Published: November 21, 2012
Follow Grilling With Rich:
Fall is my favorite season – I love the weather, the decor, the holidays – everything. And even one of my favorite fruits, pomegranates, comes into season during the fall. In celebration of the pomegranate, but also wanting to hold on to hold onto summer a little bit longer, I have come up with this cocktail, which is great for brunch or happy hour – cheers!
- 1 Lipton Pomegranate-Blackberry Tea Bag (other companies have pomegranate tea too)
- 4 Blackberries
- Pomegranate Seeds – see my trick below on how best to eat the fruit!
- Pomegranate juice
- Your favorite champagne, or sparkling white wine (use cider to make this a family friendly drink)
- Seep your tea bag in a small amount of hot water, allowing for a strong brew.
- Add equal parts champagne and pomegranate juice, add some of the tea, and blackberries and pomegranate seeds for garnish – enjoy!
- Cut the top off of the fruit, so that you can see (in a c-section view) the different sections inside the fruit, separated by the white membrane.
- Have your knife follow the membrane down, around the fruit, so that you are left with the 3-5 main sections.
- The fruit by the rind, with the seeds facing down, over a bowl, hit the rind with a wooden spoon, watch as the seeds easily fall out.