Published: April 17, 2013
Follow Grilling With Rich:
Keeping up with our Pork theme for this week, here is a great recipe to try out this upcoming weekend: Grilled Ribeye (Rib) Pork Chops with Easy Spicy BBQ Sauce. SEE RELATED: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO PIG BREEDS BOTH COMMERCIAL & HERITAGE PIG BREEDS
Thanks to our great friends at Pork Be Inspired for providing us with this recipe for this week’s great backyard pork grilling recipe. SEE RELATED: Pork Grilling Recipe: Porterhouse (Bone-In Loin) Chops w/ Chipotle Cilantro Butter
We would like to share YOUR favorite recipe to grill so send us an email and include your favorite recipe and a high resolution picture and we will post the best ones.
- 4 pork ribeye (rib) chops, about 1-inch thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for brushing grill grate
- Spicy BBQ Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chive Mashed Potatoes:
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat and brush with olive oil. Season the chops with a generous amount of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place pork on the grill for 8-9 minutes, turning once halfway through, until cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Remove pork from the grill, tent it with foil; let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Serve the chops alongside the potatoes and a spoonful of BBQ sauce.
- servings (1 serving: 1 chop, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and 2 tablespoons sauce)
- *Oil is not included in the nutritional value since it’s for brushing the grill, vs. the chops
You Might Like These Other BBQ & Grilling Articles