Published: January 25, 2013
Once in a while I really want to eat healthy off my grill. Don’t get me wrong at all, I LOVE all the great proteins that I make on a weekly basis, but since I want to make sure that even if you are a vegetarian [gasp!] that you find some great barbecue and grilling recipes from all of my national and regional partners and myself. This week’s Friday recipe comes from my new friends at Hidden Valley Ranch a simple but great grilled asparagus recipe!
I hope that you enjoy! What are some of your favorite vegetables that you like to throw on the grill? Leave us a comment below and hey you never know they might appear on a future Grilling with Rich grilling adventure!
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Farmhouse Originals Italian Dressing with Herbs Dressing plus
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 2 tablespoons
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Warm a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing in a large bowl. Wash and trim the ends of the asparagus. Peel the stems if desired.
- Add to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus 5 minutes, then flip and grill until slightly blackened on both sides, about 4 minutes more.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter, drizzle with the ½ cup Hidden Valley® Farmhouse Original Italian Dressing with Herbs and serve warm or at room temperature.