Published: January 7, 2013
Follow Grilling With Rich:
Rich has a lot of leftovers from his practice runs or just when we want to have fun. Also, chili is one of our favorite meals to have on a cold winter’s night.
One afternoon, I decided that I wanted to spice up my chili and I couldn’t figure out what to do, I looked into the refrigerator and saw some leftover brisket and I thought to myself, why not add the leftover smoked brisket that Rich made the previous day.
The chili turned out amazing, and something that I have now added to our meal “rotation.” In addition to leftover smoked brisket from your practice run’s this recipe is also perfect for when you go your favorite barbecue restaurant and have some brisket leftovers that you aren’t sure what do with.
Brrr.isket Chili: A Perfect Wintertime Recipe
- 1 Pound of Smoked Brisket
- 3 cans (14oz) Chilli beans Red Kidney beans
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- Chilli Powder (to Taste)
- Cumin Powder (to Taste)
- 3 Bay Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Tabassco Sauce (to taste)
- 1 6oz can of Tomato Paste
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 cup of Red Wine
- 1 can of corn
- 3 cans of diced tomatoes
- Cut up onion and pepper then place into a cast iron pot. Satuee the pepper and onion, mean while cube and or shred the smoked brisket
- when the onion is translucent add the smoked brisket, add all the ingredients besides the corn, stir and bring to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer and cover and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally
- Taste and see if you want to add more spices and then add the caned corn and continue to simmer for an additional hour
- Serve with sour cream, crunchy fried onions and shredded cheese or anything else that your hearts desire.